February 2, 2013

Spreading the Love

Valentines Day is just around the corner and in our house holidays always tend to sneak up on us, leaving me in a complete frenzy (not to mention exhausted and ornery, as evidenced HERE).  
With another classroom party to plan, I wanted to get all the Valentines done and out of the way with plenty of time to spare.  
The kids and I brainstormed some fun ideas for personalized cards and here's what they each came up with...
We took at least 20 different shots of him making a I-can't-possibly-hold-this-giant-sucker-any-longer face and this goofy little grin was the best of the bunch.  
(Of course we will have to leave the wrappers on the candies for their little friends, it just photographed a lot better without.)
Cole wanted to hold a chocolate heart candy with the verbiage: "I'll squeeze your heart to death, Valentine."  Thankfully, I was able to tweak it a bit 'til we were both satisfied.
Macie was extremely confused and annoyed by the fact that we were apparently going to be giving all the candy away, however she certainly makes an adorable little Valentine.

Admittedly, these cards didn't turn out quite as planned as I discovered my Photoshop skills to be even less amazing than I had initially thought.  
Thankfully my kids aren't nearly as nit-picky as their mother.  They have never been more excited about their Valentine's Day cards and are anxiously counting down the days til they can spread the love.

8 comments:

  1. Aw these cards are adorable! You did a great job :)

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Awesome & Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative! I never would have thought of something like this. Such lucky kiddos you have

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so on the ball! I can't believe you already have your Valentine's done! They are so dang cute! Love the creative idea of putting them on their Valentines :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable idea. I love home made valentines. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just darling! How dear that your sweeties could be so patient for their photo shoots. Well worth it! The best Valentines ever! I wish my son was still young enough to do this. He would not be a willing participant at 18. :) Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw!! those personalized valentines cards are so sweet!!!

    thank you for linking up with Fun Friday Blog Hop, i hope you're having fun blog hopping!

    see you next time, huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete