January 7, 2013

A Super Snack

If you're anything like us, you ate way too much over the holidays and have made some new-year-be-healthier-resolutions.  We've officially made it a week without sugar, which is a major accomplishment in this house and I'm pretty dang proud of my hubby and me.  In lieu of our be-healthier goals, I thought I'd share one of my very most favorite snacks...
Apples and Almond Butter.
Sounds simple, it is.  Unless your like me that is...
My husband calls me a food snob, some call me picky, I call it: I know what's good and nothing else will due.
Here's the need-to-know about this seemingly simple snack:  

1. CRUNCHY almond butter is a must.  Okay, now I'm drooling.  Maybe it's because I'm sugar deprived, but basically I have to refrain from eating an entire jar of this stuff in one sitting.
2. Again with the food snob thing, I always buy pink lady apples, they are after all the very most perfect apple ever.  However, when it comes to this little combo, the best is a good 'ole cheap gala apple.  Trust me, I've tried them all...I'm strange like that, so don't bother.  Just go with the gala.
3.  There are a couple of brands of almond butter I like and some I despise, my favorite is Kettle.
4. Some people dip bananas, but I think that's repulsive.  I guess it's up to you on that one.  I'm sticking with apples.  

By-the-way, my children beg me for this...no joke.  So much better than chips or crackers.
For another one of my favorite healthy protein-and-carb-combo snacks go here.
Happy Healthy Eating!

13 comments:

  1. You and your family are adorable! And that snack looks a-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried Almond Butter:( But I love peanut butter and apple slices so I am looking forward to try this.

    Thanks so much fo stopping by and I am now following via GFC.

    I would love to invite you to share this post or any of your other posts at Freedom Fridays Blog Hop (no rules and goes live Thursdays at 7pm mst)

    Also hope to see you at Let's Get Social Sunday where you can link up your blog and all your social sites at one place to meet new friends and gain more followers!!

    Have a super great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite and all the information, can't wait to check it out!

      Delete
  3. Dipping bananas? That sounds soooooooooooo damn GROSS!!!!!

    Apple all the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fellow food snob here as well as a fellow almond butter fan... I'm drooling, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa!Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following...following you back! Love your blog title, btw! My daughter, who's now 23, was delivered by a doctor who's name was Michael McCoy and he gave each newborn a t-shirt which read, "Delivered by the Real McCoy"...too cute! Thanks again and have a blessed week! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny and very cute...yes I have heard my husband refer to himself as The Real McCoy countless times. When I started this blog I new what it must be called :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog, am following back

    Thisdayilove

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm... That does sound tasty... and simple! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  8. A whole week without sugar? You go, guys! That's impressive. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love apples and peanut butter! My husband thinks I'm crazy, but oh well....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will admit that this is pretty tasty. That kind of hurt to say but the truth must be told :-) love you babe.

    ReplyDelete