December 31, 2012

A Real Ugly Family

Warning: The following post is just a tad bit strange.  Nonetheless, I think we are kinda funny.  If you don't like weird, annoying  or obnoxious things, I can guarantee that you will not find us (or this post) funny.  
So there's your warning.  Please don't judge.  It is your choice after-all, to proceed or not.
.
.
.
A few years ago, John and I spent a wonderful evening together going through all the photos we had taken that year.  We discovered that we actually were a tad bit hideous.  We spent hours laughing while picking out the ugliest pictures we could find.  Then decided to get really wild and post them all on Facebook.  They've since been deleted, but that night, a favorite family tradition was born.  I literally have a picture folder on my computer called "Ugly." 
Because we started this blog in 2012, I added a few of our favorites from years past to our first ugly post.

Keep in mind, none of these pictures were staged in any way.
And now, sit back and enjoy...
A Real Ugly Family 
2012
Happy New Year!
May 2013 bring you lots of beautiful moments and maybe a few ugly ones along the way..

*To those pictured above, I'm sorry and I love you all.
*Yes, I realize there are few pictures of myself, but that's because I'm in charge of this here blog...trust me, there are plenty more uglies of me that will stay locked away in my little file forever.
*For more ugly McCoy Moments from 2012 go HERE or HERE.

24 comments:

  1. I'm gonna say these are far from ugly... more like hilarious! A few of my favs are the three kiddos with their noses against the door, and the little one walking with her mouth open... I can only guess she was running screaming. Ha! Love this post! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they make me laugh:) Happy new year to you!

      Delete
  2. John wins ;-) no offense...and sorry but you look pretty in all your "ugly" pics...same with the kids.....BUT DAD TAKES THE CAKE! on the last pic! HAHAHAHA! Happy New Year! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left out the ugliest one of him! I'm gonna add it:)

      Delete
  3. LOVE real family pictures!! Having fun and being silly is what makes family and marriage wonderful. I so enjoyed looking through your pictures. :)
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring on the ugly! Love it! Following back. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New YEAR!!!! Many blessings to you and "ugly" family: lol!!! Ok, beautifully ugly.

    -rekita
    LovelyArmyWife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These aren't ugly. These are AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha this is adorable! Love it!

    Thanks for the follow from the hop last week :) I am following back, excited to read more on your blog!

    Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such funny yet real photos!! LOVE them!

    I'd like to invite you (and anyone reading this!) to stop by my blog and link up on the ALL NEW "The Great Blog Train" blog hop which I host with two of my blogging friends:

    http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2013/01/new-great-blog-tain-blog-hop.html

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Exercise Encouragement Group Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA...love them. Happy New Year chick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great, and some are hilarious (grown people w/things in their noses...welcome to my world, lol!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I scrolled through these pictures my 5 month old was watching them and laughing out loud! You are all gorgeous even in your 'ugly pictures'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pictures are so funny!!! I'm following your lovely blog back from the "Great Blog Train".
    Thanks
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Melissa,
    Sometimes ugly is beautiful! The family that's ugly together......Following you back. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how funny! Thank you for the LOL! Our family has so many UGLY photos, I'm not sure there is a file big enough! ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    Thank you for linking up to The Great Blog Train!
    Angie@godsgrowinggarden.com
    Marci@stonecottageadventures.com
    Helen@blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable post. I love the "ugly" silly photos that I take sometimes more than the "perfect" ones. Your family is beautiful even when you're taking "ugly" pictures. :)

    I hope you're having a great week and a Happy New Year!

    Thank you so much for linking up to last week's Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I'm following you.

    If you have time, we'd love to have you come and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already! (Thank you so very much if you've already linked up, I truly appreciate it!!)

    Come and link up and celebrate the coming weekend with us!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha i love these "ugly" pictures! You guys are funny and real! great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAHAHA these are hilarious. What a fun family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are a bit strange, but we have fun :)

      Delete
  18. Melissa, you got a beautiful family, we love you guys!, we enjoy reading your blog and looking at the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Patty, I'm so glad you commented! How are you guys doing? Hope you and your family are doing well!

      Delete