November 19, 2012

Wild Animals

Before the weather suddenly dropped 30 degrees over night, we squeezed in one last outdoor outing to my very most favorite place, the zoo.  (Yes, that is sarcasm you hear in my voice.)

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate animals as much as anyone.  I'm just not that into observing them sitting lifelessly in a cage, glazed-over eyes staring at, well nothing really...while simultaneously smelling what they had for dinner the previous night.  However, our children love doing just that.

Oddly enough, I found my very own wild animals to be quite a bit more entertaining then the lifeless creatures we paid over $50 to see.  Truly, I was amazed at the way they could twist, contort and squeeze their little bodies into a variety of dangerous positions... 
...ignoring many 'Do not climb on fence' and 'Do not lean on glass' signs all the while. 
I also found the various photo-opts the zoo has to offer highly amusing...
Wyatt especially loved posing in a mock eagles nest, almost as much as he like hiding from prey in the wild bamboo leaves...
Speaking of prey, watch out little chicken-rooster thing, whatever you are...
I'm not quite sure what these two wanted with you, but it was worth the $50 alone just to watch them hunt you down.
Besides chasing chickens, filling up on slightly-less-than-average zoo-cuisine,
and riding the merry-go-round,
we actually did observe some real life zoo animals.
John and I found this guy pretty amusing...
While the kids were completely mesmerized by one animal in particular...
He in return, seemed equally enthralled with them...
He was amazing.  Absolutely fascinating to watch.
He made our day at the zoo more than worth the whining we experienced along the way,
and the seemingly miles and miles we walked while either carrying or pulling our children along.
Whether blatantly disobeying every possible warning sign they can find, chasing poor unsuspecting roosters, or hypnotizing polar bears with some kind of unseen magical-mind-power...
Our three little wild animals sure do entertain us and certainly make us smile.

1 comment:

  1. We took Eleni to the Milwaukee zoo and it was the most exhausting thing I have ever done! The things we do for these precious little kiddies:)

    ReplyDelete