November 10, 2012

The Goose Girl

I love reading.  I read as often as my three children, my spouse, and the ever growing laundry pile allow.  Not to mention, the increasingly large stack of dishes, the fresh vomit on the floor...okay, you get the point...basically I read while waiting in the car as I chauffeur my children around.  Yep, that sounds about right.

Don't worry, I'm not going to give a book review for every single thing I ever read, just those I love.
If I didn't thoroughly enjoy it, why bother mentioning it?

The Goose Girl is the most recent addition to my kindle.  It is an adaptation of a lesser known fairy tale (Disney hasn't got its hands on it yet) by the Brother's Grimm.
Okay, I'll just go ahead and admit, I kinda love fairy tales.
The Goose Girl is the kind of story in which things like communicating with animals and controlling the wind somehow seem entirely feasible.  I loved the growth of the main character, Ani, throughout the story and I especially appreciated that she's not your typical, dainty, helpless princess.  She is strong and does not fall apart when faced with tragedy and hardship.  Though it is a fairy tale, handsome prince and all, I think men would enjoy this book as well.  On second thought, maybe not.  I know I did.
Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Loooooved this book! Can't wait to read the rest of them! PS I love that you read while you are waiting on being the chauffeur. Way to make great use of your time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Goose Girl! Starting another one this month for book club, supposed to be really good...forgot the name or I would tell you it! hehe, something like the lost diaries of Emma...or something. Anyways I'll let you know if it's any good!

    ReplyDelete