November 8, 2012

My Mom's Face

Tuesday night.  
Homework set aside,
water bottles mercilessly manhandled,
all eyes intently focused,
glued to one device...

Then it was over.  
What can I possibly say that hasn't already been tweeted or posted in an endless stream of negative commentary void of all hope.

I think my mom's face pretty much sums up how we all feel...
No she's not posing for the camera, she really is that dramatic.  
Love ya, Mom.

As the results weren't in until much after the kiddies bedtime, the next morning they ran into my room, excited for their mother to confirm what their little conservative hearts hoped to be true.  As I crushed their hopes and dreams, Macie (3) burst into tears..."Now Obama is going to take away all Daddy's guns!" 

 Wyatt has been devastated and Cole simply could care less.

Lessons Learned:  
Do not expose children to politics until at least age 8...maybe 10.
Do not assume the rest of America is sane.

Though disappointed, we will survive.  
As so eloquently stated here, we must somehow come together, set our emotions aside and help build up this country we are so blessed to call home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still sad about the election results. America just missed out on the opportunity of a life time to have a man like Mitt Romney lead the country. It's going to take a long time for me to get over it. BTW next time you post a picture of me could you please use that photo shop thing-a-ma-jig to tighten up my neck a bit.
    Thanks,
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my photoshop skills are lacking, I'll get J. next time :)

      Delete